Saturday, August 20, 2016

the rest of spring and the end of the school year

In the Spring, we love enjoying our backyard for as long as we can...
Jimmy's school did Fiddler on the Roof for the spring musical and I got roped into helping sew some costumes.  It was a really cute show and all my kids became obsessed with it.
Gus and Nora like to dress up and dance to "Tradition."  Nora's favorite is "Matchmaker" which she loves to sing with Dot.
Nora misses her Gussy when he is at school two days a week, but visits to Dot's house help make up for it...
In April, we celebrated Dad's birthday...
The kids all did the Spring League at St. Simon and Jude, including Nora.  Now usually 2 year olds don't play and normally I wouldn't start my kids until around 4, but I ended up helping coach Gus' t-ball team and since she was at all the practices and was enthusiastic about playing we let her be on the team.  The shirt was a dress on her, but she was actually pretty good.  She knew how to hit the ball and run to all the correct bases.  She loved it.  Maybe she will be more like her grandmother than her mother in terms of athletic ability.  Nona was surely smiling down on all her little athletes and she was surely proud of me for being a coach (and by the way my husband thinks is laughable that I could coach anything).
My cute little team, "The Red Runners"...
Jimmy played baseball as well, but I was not the best at taking pictures of him this year.
He loves sports and tries really hard.  He always makes me proud.
He also loves cooking and will gladly help make dinner anytime.  He had fun helping Aunt Nat make some Blue Apron meals...
We had some fun birthday parties to attend.
Madeline and Aurea had a princess and knight party...
Nora was in princess heaven...
Our friend Sammy, had a fun party at the Train Park...
We ditched school to get in a good zoo day before it got too hot.
We had fun at the Splash Pad, but it was already too hot...
The boys and I went to the Mother-Son Star Wars Dance...
Jimmy came in second place in his Cub Scout Rain Gutter Regatta...
Uncle Danny and Courtney came for a visit after being in China for a few months...
We always love seeing them!
Then the end of the school year came along.  Jimmy had a really cute second grade play.  He was one of the narrators and he did a great job.
Gus had an end of the year performance for preschool as well...
He had fun being with his friend, William, and we loved having Mrs. Ilda for a teacher again...
And then it was summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been off blogging for over a year. Stupid grad school. But I'm back now. So happy to catch up on all your adorable kiddos.

    ReplyDelete