Monday, November 2, 2015

star wars lego set-up

One of the things on our Summer To-Do List was to make a Star Wars Lego set-up.  The boys had used their combined money to buy the Cantina and two sets at Legoland, so they had been all about Star Wars Legos this summer.  (Side Note: My dad gave them a big bag of coins for Christmas thinking it was around $30 when it was in fact $90.  I would have used that money for more responsible things, but it had already been designated as Lego money before we counted it so I had to just let it go). I promised them if they rebuilt all their Star Wars Legos that I would let them take over the living room.  After days of rebuilding (and a lot of frustration from Mom and Dad as we sorted through pieces looking for long lost essential parts), we moved the coffee table, rolled up the rug, and covered the chairs and couches with blankets.  They made different planets on each couch and made a giant battle on the floor.  I never got a picture of it all set-up, but this is mostly what it looked like:
Here is the tour:
TATOOINE...

"These are not the droids you're looking for."
HOTH...
Jimmy was very proud of his homemade Wampa...
DAGOBAH...
ENDOR...
I vote for buying Ewoks next.  Endor was lacking without them. 
It stayed up lots of days and many epic battles were fought.  Sometimes they reenacted parts of the movies, but mostly they just fought... and destroyed most of the newly built Legos (I have a love-hate relationship with these toys).   There was definitely some fighting about who got to win each battle, but they did have lots of fun.  My favorite part was definitely taking all of these pictures.  Not sure why I am obsessed with taking pictures of toys, but I have loved it since I was a kid.   Jimmy loved taking pictures of it all with me so perhaps I am passing along the obsession.

1 comment: