Thursday, October 7, 2010

goodbye beard face

My husband enjoys having a beard mainly because it makes him feel like an adult.  
I usually tell him I don't care what he does with his facial hair, but I do get very excited when he shaves it off.
Most people don't even recognize him when he does this.  His students were all in shock and people kept popping their heads into his classroom just to look at him.  The kids kept trying to guess how old he actually was.  Some even went so low as 16 (I guess 6th graders forget that you have to have graduated college to be a teacher).  I can relate to this because my college students surely never believe that I am their teacher.  Most people tell me I don't look old enough to be a mother (Maybe someday I will take this as a compliment, but right now it just makes me feel weird).  Zach and another teacher that he is often confused for both shaved on the same day just to screw with the kids some more.  He surely doesn't look as professorial as before, but honestly this is the cute boy I fell in love with and who wants to be married to some grown up beardy man anyway?  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Jimmy looks so much like you in that first picture. Maybe it's his huge smile, but I just thought I'd share that. Also, I greatly enjoyed this post, but you know how I feel about beards anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z- I like the mustache. Magnum P.I.-ish. And i like Jimmy's matching mustache in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabes!! I can't believe how big Jimmy is getting...is Zach working with my cousin Steve now??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Pry, he is working at Glendale Preparatory Academy teaching Science and Allegra to 6th and 7th graders. Steve Bird started there this year as well. I was going to do a post about it, but I never really had any appropriate pictures and I wanted some. I should do that at some point.

    ReplyDelete