Wednesday, July 21, 2010

keneke's: lunch plates and hawaiian shave ice

This hole in the wall restaurant was one of my favorites. Keneke's sells all kinds of interesting local food and a lot of it. They specialize in "Plate Lunches." I got a big plate of rice and some kind of chicken that was delicious, but I can't remember what it was called so some help I am to anyone who cares (oh yeah, probably nobody cares). We were all stuffed by the time we left, but of course we saved room for Shaved Ice!
This is the dining area which is really just a covered and semi-enclosed patio covered with Bible verses and religious images... very interesting.
Nano entertained Jimmy while we waited by hiding a dime in his hands... hilarious!
And then Jimmy hid it from Nano and if you can imagine, it was even more fun!
I got Jimmy a classic Strawberry and Pineapple which he loved. I got a Mango, Pineapple, and Papaya topped off with Sweetened Condensed Milk. It was good, but as I have now learned, I prefer to get it with a scoop of ice cream at the bottom--definitely the way to go.
Unfortunately, we went to the beach right after this. I missed the following incident, but it was relayed to me. I guess a big wave came and knocked Jimmy down and he swallowed some water. He stood up and puked red (I freaked when this was originally told to me until I was reminded what he had just eaten). Then the puke washed away in a wave and Jimmy said, "My stawberry got swept out to sea" and then resumed playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment