Tuesday, August 18, 2009

disney books


These are the Disney books I got awhile ago at a garage sale.  I took a bunch of pictures of the illustrations in the books because I thought they were so cool  (Babes In Toyland is my favorite and therefore it is getting its own post). 

You have to love the traditional stuff.... 

But what I really love is the stylized stuff like this:




I loved this Nursery Rhyme one with all the Disney character playing different parts.  I think we used to have a book with these in it growing up.  I definitely remember it. 
Don't you kind of want to live in the house from "Lady and the Tramp"?

The ones from live action movies are pretty cool too. 

This was one of the most exciting parts for me.  There was a whole section on the history of Disneyland.  Being as obsessed with Disneyland as I am, I loved seeing all the old pictures of how it used to look. 
I don't remember going on the skyride, but I do remember it being there. The pirate ship in the background was before my time though.  I remember Dad telling me about it and how you could walk on it and how he thought it was really cool.  I wonder if it is the one that lives in the "river" now?

Collage of Diversity

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I had these growing up. I just bought four of them last year right before my second child was born - my three year old LOVES them. And I love buying books I had as a child for my kids.

    ReplyDelete